Had this sofabed for about a month now, but the countless hours of research feel like yesterday. Finding decent full-size sofabeds ain't easy. Overall we're happy with the purchase, would probably give it 4.5 stars, and here's why:
* The couch is firm, but in a good way. Feels sturdy.
* The full-size bed sleeps two fit people comfortably.
And that's basically what you want out of this, right? Way more compact than a murphy and more comfortable than an airbed or futon. Now for the caveats:
* The innerspring mattress is fine. Just fine. Not sure if the memory foam is better, I suspect with only 5 inches it's not gonna matter much.
* There is no room under the couch. The bed basically rests on the ground when it's folded up. Don't plan on storing anything under there.
* There's nothing next-generation about the bed mechanism. Normal, but thin mattress. Instead of a boxspring, it's like a very firm trampoline. That's how sofabeds work. It makes your feet kinda stick up when you lie down. There are tubes that run underneath, but so far neither we nor our guests are able to feel them. Time will tell.
* Definitely get that white glove even for a smaller sofabed. The guys took the whole foot assembly off to get it through the interior door. I have a power driver too, but I was real glad it wasn't me.
* The samples are worth it, definitely get them. We went with Ash. Not as hard-wearing, but it feels great against the skin.
* The folded up innerspring mattress leaves…