All Sleeper Sofas
Sleeper sofas so good your guests will overstay their welcome. Sorry about that.Shop Now
Sectional by day, sleeper by night. It's the superhero of the sofa world.Shop Now
Reversible Chaise Sleepers
Put your thing down, flip it, and reverse it. And sleep on it, too.Shop Now
Queen Size Sleepers
Because if the in-laws have a good night's sleep then maybe you will, too.Shop Now
Full Size Sleepers
Why stop at the glass being half full? Full size mattress for full time comfort.Shop Now
It's time to kick that air mattress to the curb and get a grown-up sofa that doubles as a stylish guest bed. In this comprehensive guide, you'll learn all about the many pull-out sofa bed options so you can choose the best fit for your home.
Convertible Sofa Sizes
The first thing you'll want to decide when selecting your sleeper couch is what size works for you. Perhaps you have plenty of room and what to go for a spacious sleeper sectional with lots of seating for you and your guests. If you're shorter on space, consider a regular couch with a pull-out sofa bed. At Apt2B, we even have apartment-size sleeper sofas that are ideal for rooms where you only have space for a loveseat.
Your choice of couch size will likely affect what mattress size you can accommodate. For example, our apartment-size pull-out sofas feature a full-size mattress. Standard couch sizes and many sectionals with sleepers feature a queen mattress, however, offering a bit more space for your guests to spread out.
Pull-Out Sofa Styles
At Apt2B, we offer a great selection of sleeper sofa designs to make it easier to find one that fits your space. If you're a little overwhelmed by all the options, check out these broader categories to search for one that's just your style:
- Modern & Contemporary Sleeper Sofas: If you want a look that's on trend, go for a contemporary or modern sleeper sofa style. This is a great way to give your home a fresh and fashionable look.
- Traditional Sleeper Sofas: Prefer to kick it old school? If so, a traditional sleeper couch will be a good fit for you. If your home has an older feel with vintage details, you'll find that a traditional design is better suited to your space.
- Modular Sleeper Sofas: Modular pull-out sofa beds are great for those who want flexibility when it comes to their furniture. Various pieces can be rearranged to suit your space or specific functions.
- Tufted Sleeper Sofas: These convertible couches tend to have a very elegant and sophisticated look.
- Armless Sleeper Sofas: The lack of arms creates a more open feel and creates a very chic, contemporary look.
- Sleeper Sofas with Storage: Some sleeper sofas (usually sleeper sectionals) also include some storage space within the frame. It's a great place to stash bedding essentials like pillows, sheets and blankets.
When shopping for this new piece of furniture, don't forget to think about which type of sleeper sofa fabric might be a good match for your needs. At Apt2B, we offer three main types of pull-out sofa fabrics:
- Performance Fabric: This heavy-duty, resilient fabric makes it easy to wipe up spills, making it great for kids and pets.
- Plush Velvet: Enjoy a luxurious feel with a stain-resistant, super-soft plush velvet sleeper sofa.
- Polyester: Polyester and poly blends are great options for durability and softness.
- Linen: Linen has a clean, crisp look that adds a high-end look to any sleeper sofa.
- Microfiber: This type of fabric is exceptionally smooth and stain-resistant.
- Leather: Get a durable leather sleeper sofa to make it easier to deal with cleanup while enjoying an upscale look and feel.
Which Sleeper Sofa is Best for Me?
As mentioned above, a sectional sleeper is an excellent option for those who have the space for one. A sectional sofa, for example, can provide seating for four or more people along with a comfortable queen-size pull-out sofa bed that fits two guests. Before you order a sectional, think about what configuration is best for the room. At Apt2B, you can choose a right or left configuration for many of our sectional sofa styles. If you think you may move to a new home or you aren't sure which room your sectional sleeper will end up in, consider a sectional with a reversible chaise lounge. This offers added versatility when setting up your sleeper sofa in the future.
While sectional couches are great for how much seating they provide, don't worry if you don't have the space to accommodate one. A sleeper sofa is just as effective at providing a cozy spot for your guests to crash. And while sectionals are typically only a good fit for a living room or family room, you can use a sleeper sofa for a guest room in other places in your house or apartment, like a finished basement, a den or a home office. By using a convertible couch in one of these rooms (as opposed to an actual bed), you get the benefit of a real guestroom without sacrificing on space when there are no guests around.
Use this sleeper sofa style guide to find the perfect fit for your home. Shop at Apt2B to find the best selection of well-made, stylish convertible couches for apartments and houses.